FARIDA EID, MA.
Farida is a member of the British Psychological Society. She received her master’s degree in counseling psychology from the American University in Cairo (AUC). During her therapeutic journey Farida practiced in both the public and the private sectors. She practiced in El Maadi Psychiatric Hospital as well as the psychology clinic at the American University in Cairo. Farida has experience working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural setting and she is comfortable conducting sessions in both Arabic and English.
When it comes to professional training, Farida is trained to use the following approaches:
• Farida received her Cognitive Behavioral Therapy training from the Beck Institute of Cognitive Behavioral therapy.
• She is trained in Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT).
• She studied Gottman method couples counseling with the Gottman institute.
• She received her Dialectical Behavioral therapy Training from Behavioral Tech.
• She also received her training in the management and treatment of eating disorders from the University of Sydney’s Center for Eating and Dieting Disorders.
In her practice she employs an integrative approach that is catered to each client’s needs and particular set of concerns. She uses Cognitive Behavioral therapy, Acceptance and Commitment therapy, Dialectical Behavioral therapy, as well as elements of Schema therapy to empower her clients to tackle their problems and equip them with the insight needed to effectively change their lives. She relies on her interpersonal therapy training and her couples counseling training to help clients manage key relationships in their lives and improve their communication. Besides being a therapist Farida is also a professional certified trainer. Her aim is to train her clients to eventually become their own therapists. Farida’s experiences and areas of interest include: depression, anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders, relational difficulties, as well as mindfulness and relaxation training. Farida is a firm believer in people’s innate strength and their ability to heal and grow.
To book a counseling session with Farida, please call her on +20 109 7737951