SARAH HEGAZY, MA.
• Sarah received her MA in Counseling Psychology from the American University in Cairo. She earned a Diploma in Group Psychotherapy from the Egyptian Association for Group Psychotherapy, and a BA in Psychology from the American University in Cairo
• During the COVID-19 pandemic Sarah gained experience in working with online platforms of providing psychotherapy, and abided by online confidentiality terms. She practiced in the Psychological Counseling and Training Center at AUC, Saint Andrews Refugee service (StArs), and with substitute mothers at Beit Amena orphanage. Adding to that, she has experience in working in group settings, held in private clinics.
• Sarah has a rich experience in working with individual and group psychotherapy, specifically in working with emerging adults, and adults in both the English and the Arabic language. She also has experience in working with refugees of ethnically diverse backgrounds. Sarah provides psychotherapy services to individuals facing issues related to anxiety, depression and general adjustment issues in addition to clients dealing with relationship issues and identity discovery, body image, and trauma.
• She uses an eclectic approach, that is tailored upon the clients needs. The module of therapy is primarily a humanistic approach, combining Person Centered therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, 4 Step Integrative Model, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
• Sarah is a passionate human being, who empowers her clients to reach their truest form of themselves, and walks with them through the journey of self discovery, as she believes that each person has potential for unlimited growth and to live fully alive.