SARAH SALEM, MA.
• Sarah is a psychotherapist who earned her Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from the American University in Cairo (AUC).
• Sarah first gained experience while in training providing individual counseling to adolescents and adults and in a variety of counseling settings such as Dr. Adel Sadek Psychological Medicine Hospital and Alwan wa Awtar (A&A) NGO.
• She then spent the last year training at the Psychological Counseling Services and Training Center at the American University in Cairo (PCSTC); counseling culturally diverse students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
• At PCSTC, she co-led support groups for emotional eating, who am I (self-exploration/identity support group), anxiety, and tomorrow’s leaders (students from other countries and have transitioned to Egypt. They struggle with a variety of things a few things: Acculturation, Homesickness and Relationship issues).
• This exposure provided her with practical experience in helping clients with various cognitive, emotional and behavioral difficulties, as well as conceptualizing, and creating tailored treatment plans for clients struggling with depression, anxiety, grief, schizophrenia, personality issues, self-esteem, interpersonal issues, and other mental health disorders.
• She took the Goleman Six Foundational & Relationship Skills of Emotional Intelligence course; providing her with a very well-rounded learning experience and great examples of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and how to embark on a journey to become a better version of yourself, beside applying EI social skills to deepen relationships, and enhance leadership skills.
• She provides therapeutic services primarily from an Interpersonal Process Approach (IPP), Person Centered Treatment (PCT) approach, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
• Sarah believes that psychotherapy is a journey for self-exploration and personal growth to understand one’s own self and how it affects and is affected by the outside world.
• She uses a non-directive approach in therapy where she empowers clients and believes in their ability for self-growth and to transform their personal challenges into life-enhancing opportunities.
• She believes that providing a corrective emotional experience, where a safe and nurturing environment is created for individuals, helps them repair, grow and achieve their personal goals. As well as becoming a source of strength and empowerment for those individuals who lacked a support system to restore to them a sense of hope in the process.
• She conducts sessions in English and Arabic. To book an appointment with Sarah, kindly call us on: 0127 6020193 or message us on the page.